• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

>>> The NEW BOARD is LIVE!

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Staff member
The new board is LIVE! (duh, you can already see that!)

I know some of you guys hate change and it'll take some getting used to, but overall, I think it's a huge improvement overall. The old board was so full of hacks it took almost a full week to just do a security upgrade. Not great! Anyways, a few things you should know...

1. Your profile is linked to the NEW FreeOnes (https://www.freeones.xxx). This means if you change your nickname, email or password it will NOT sync back over to myFreeOnes. You will only be able to use the new information on the board and www.freeones.xxx.

2. If you're brand new and register to FreeOnes (either here or www.freeones.xxx) your account will ONLY be for this board and the new site. There will be no link back to the old FreeOnes or myFreeOnes.

3. Reputation. This no longer exists. Now we have "reaction scores" and "trophies". Reactions are set up. I don't have anything beyond the basic set up for trophies... yet. If you have suggestions for good trophies, let me know. ;-)

4. Subscriptions. Find them here https://board.freeones.com/watched/threads

5. Smilies. YES! (most) of the old ones will be added to the board. Just be patient with me, that's years worth that were added over time. Rome wasn't built in a day. :)

6. Search not fully working. We're rebuilding the thread index this morning. It'll take awhile, but this will hopefully fix it.

7. Tags. Tags did port over, trying to figure out why they're not showing (possibly part of #6... show up after the rebuild) TAGS HAVE RETURNED! all rejoice. The world is a little more right again. :cthulhu: (oh yes, some smilies have made a return as well..)

I think that's about it! If you're experiencing problems or bugs let me know and we'll work through them!

Last edited:

Petra

Staff member
Last edited:

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
Is there a way to customize and increase the amount of threads that are shown on a forum section at once? I'm find myself having the hit the next page button more often.

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but after glancing around I'm wondering if I missed a section where I change some setting for myself.

Petra

Staff member
Is there a way to customize and increase the amount of threads that are shown on a forum section at once? I'm find myself having the hit the next page button more often.

It's not the biggest deal in the world, but after glancing around I'm wondering if I missed a section where I change some setting for myself.

That's something within my control! I set it to 35. More comfortable?

And apparently, the devs of Xenforo decided not to let you guys control it which is kind of disappointing.

D-rock

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.
That's something within my control! I set it to 35. More comfortable?

And apparently, the devs of Xenforo decided not to let you guys control it which is kind of disappointing.

I didn't know it would have to be changed for everybody. As time goes on I guess it will be easier to get a feel to where it should be set for everybody. If it wasn't for the font differences it would be easy to just put it where the old board was, but for this I don't know.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
*walks in, looks around* Ohh, this is nice. *walks out* Actually I have a question, is the MyFreeones.com page going away for longtime users and being incorporated into the new Freeones.xxx site? I'm asking because you were saying that passwords and email changes wouldn't sync to it and it didn't sound like new users would have the MyFreeones page.

Petra

Staff member
*walks in, looks around* Ohh, this is nice. *walks out* Actually I have a question, is the MyFreeones.com page going away for longtime users and being incorporated into the new Freeones.xxx site? I'm asking because you were saying that passwords and email changes wouldn't sync to it and it didn't sound like new users would have the MyFreeones page.

Yes, it's being incorporated. New users will only have access to what's on www.freeones.xxx right now. If they want the old myFO account they will need to go register for a separate account over there.

We're very close to shutting off the old site so that's why we're doing it like this. Chances are people who register to the board don't even KNOW about the rest of FreeOnes anyways.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
Oh okay. When I come to the board, I go through MyFreeones.com and usually skip Freeones.com entirely. So I guess now I just go through Freeones.xxx.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Hi Petra. Do threads/posts no longer show images, just a link?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I like it, it's different, but in a good way. Definitely more contemporary than the old board. I give 'er 👍

Petra

Staff member
Hi Petra. Do threads/posts no longer show images, just a link?

No, they should show the image. Do you have a link? Might be a setting I need to turn on.

I like it, it's different, but in a good way. Definitely more contemporary than the old board. I give 'er 👍

Thanks! ;-) I'll pass on the (y) to the team.

Harpsman

Light one for Me
Petra, I can see the images now thanks. Dunno what I was at.👍

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Probably something very simple that I'm missing, but ...
How do I set things so that the comments display in --- New to Old instead of how it is set right now at --- Old to New?

Automate

Tip: install a spycam in your toilet.
One of the smaller things I don't like about the modern web design fads and other mobile crazes are the rounded borders around everything, such as the avatars here. Fortunately for you, Freeones team, you don't even have to do anything to fix it. I fixed it myself:

Code:
.avatar { border-radius: 0; }
.p-body { background-color: #505050; }

Install Stylish / Stylem, whichever you like or works for your browser, write a new style that applies to board.freeones.com, put that CSS code in there and that's it. You can, of course, make any other CSS customizations you want there. I will be adding more stuff to that to get rid of this blaringly bright background, unless that can already be set as a dark theme in the board settings.

Edit: Now with a dark background.

Last edited:

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Oh shit! Oops! I mean ... Uh Oh! Looks like we're gonna have to get used to a whole new set of emoticons. :mad:
And they appear to for now be politically-correct and decorum-correct. 😆

WHAT? No more ":rubbel:" and such? :cry::sick:😭

hawkeyeJ

Incoming! Silly sayings!
Just a couple of minor requests if possible...
1. Increasing number of posts per page from the current 20 to 25 (as before), and
2. increasing the image width limit to1280x [from the current ~1020x].

Together, I think this would improve navigation efficiency while enhancing the visual experience of viewers.

Thanks in advance!