• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Raspberry Pi 4 - Why Have Some Games When You Can Have All Games?

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
I meant to pick one up, but I never got around to it.
Wait, correction.. I totally went to the webpage and tried to order one but the transaction failed twice, so I took that as a message it wasnt my time to get all 3.14'ed up.
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-desktop-kit/
I wanted to futureproof the thing and get one of the high performance versions.. but I procrastinated and never got around to it.
In the last year I've been all about these handheld nintendo double screens and switches and although nice, they arent this:
https://www.gpd.hk/gdpwin2
I wouldnt mind a handheld that can run the latest PC games at a reasonable quality. I think the thing was like, 300$ tho.
The pi was what, 70? Including all the cords and the preloaded card? Plus that tiny altoids can setup is pretty badass.
What kind you got, Velv?

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Sorry for the ignorance, but what makes the pi so good? I was watching "God Friended Me" and they're making it out to be some super-hacking device that can break into DARPA

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Sorry for the ignorance, but what makes the pi so good? I was watching "God Friended Me" and they're making it out to be some super-hacking device that can break into DARPA
Its a reasonably great microcomputer that covers all the bases, and at a super low price.
The Pi4 is a quad core ARM with 4 gigs ram that could replace your laptop, if you had a TV screen nearby and used your smartphone as the keyboard/mouse.
Or had a keyboard/mouse. The thing outputs full 1080, has an ethernet jack, a couple usb inputs and an SD card slot.
As opposed to the alternative.. *looks at this previously 400$ laptop that sadly has as much power as that 80ish$ Pi4*

People make emulation distros, set top media player type distros, just about anything. And the fact that it fits into an altoids can is, like.. cute? lol