• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anime (Including CG, Western Animation) you're currently watching

tvstrip

I changed my middle-name to Freeones
Anyone watch the Ducktales reboot?

Seriously, stick with me here. The series is not (just) for kids, it's for those who grew up watching the original series and played the games, or love pop culture references.

For gamers: Destiny players will recognize that Blue Skinned, glowing eyed Alien General as the Lance Reddick, the voice of Zavala. Yes, we're basically seeing a Destiny Character fighting Donald Duck.
And even better:

Sound Familiar? Yup, they're using that Iconic Moon Theme for Della Duck, the mother of the triplets who has been stuck on the moon for years.

There's even more, but I'm currently binging the rest of Season 2. I've seen DBZ references (His Power Level is over 9000!) and Freaking Lin-Manuel Miranda as Gizmoduck.

And Yes, that's Don Carnage from Tailspin and FREAKING DARKWING DUCK!

Seriously, Disney went all in on this one.

darkwarrior3007

1,000 posts to go for my own user title!
Just got through binge watching Trinity Seven. Pretty good, hope they can get season 2 going because from what I understand, it was supposed to air in April but has since been postponed with no news.

tvstrip

(Since I included Western Animation)
Finished the 2nd Season of Harley Quinn. I was skeptical of Cuoco as the lead, and she didn't even try the Jersey accent. It was literally like seeing Penny cosplaying as Harley. And just tons of swearing and gore for shock value.

But as the season went on, it grew on me. The animation was actually good, the story pacing kept your attention, and the cast & guest stars had some big names. They also weren't shy of killing off established characters.

Anyone else watch?

lewdvrgames

I ran out of lube. Can I borrow yours?
Sword Art Online.

Takes place in the near-future where everyone lives in a virtual world. An amazing premise and an even more amazing execution.

tvstrip

Sword Art Online.
Takes place in the near-future where everyone lives in a virtual world. An amazing premise and an even more amazing execution.
I've always meant to start that. How much is there to catch-up & is it ongoing?

tvstrip

Okay, THAT is doing nostalgia right.
That's just getting started. During the season finale, there is an
EPIC remix of the moon theme that plays during the final space battle
. I mean, they are milking the song for all it's worth, but I still love it!

And now with the new season they brought in the
Rescue Rangers
and tied in a little origin story for them.
Season is on hiatus (COVID?) but with the eps we've seen so far, aside from
RR, we've also had a Tokyo/AstroBoy ep (complete with Cary Tagawa, aka Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat) and even a WWE/Pro wrestling ep as well!

Seriously, this show just ticks off all the boxes for me :)

darkwarrior3007

I watched quite a bit during the quarantine. Why the Hell Are You Here, Teacher!?, Majikoi Oh! Samurai Girls, My Girlfriend is Shobitch, Cutie Honey Universe, Valkyrie Drive Mermaid, Keijo, Initial D Theatrical Collection, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV, Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge, Superman: Red Son and Justice League Dark: Apokolips War.

tvstrip

siege.jpg

Anyone watch the new Transformers on Netflix (Siege)?

It was a REALLY weak start, with them throwing out all existing characterizations out the window and an unknown voice cast.
I gave it a shot and I ended up liking the story and the animation. You just have to get past the fact the characters don't resemble the existing lore.
Plus I have many of the figures, and they transform exactly like they do on the show, which is nice touch.

The season is also very short, so it won't take long to burn through it.

tvstrip

^ So, what did you think?

Just finished the new DC Animated Movie Man of Tomorrow. I loved the DCAEU from the Flashpoint Paradox, but this new start felt a little... flat. Story was meh, violence was pg at best, art style felt more like Archer than anime. I hope the next one picks up.

tvstrip

Any camping/outdoor enthusiasts, or fans of "slice of life" anime?

I've recently discovered Yuru-Camp or "Laid-back camp"

It's a manga adapted into an anime, and got a live-action drama this year. 2nd season is releasing next year along with a movie.
It's about am all-girls high-school camping club, set in the area around Mt. Fuji. Lots a camping excursions with different types of camping cuisine and tips.

Nothing sexual (although there are some hot spring scenes), just relaxing, cute, innocent anime. Even the music is relaxing.
If you want something to unwind with, give this is shot!

You can watch the entire first ep (legally) here:
(Absolutely hilarious/adorable scene about half-way when the main characters meet each other for the first time!

tvstrip

Seriously bummed out that Disney has decided to cancel the Ducktales reboot after 3 seasons...
How can a company that big fail to see when they have a golden opportunity like that?

I mean, look at the characters of Season 3 alone:

latest

They basically have the entire Disney afternoon which they could have spun-off of, not to mention other disney shows, and Donald's extended family.
(For those that are wondering, yes, that red vial beside Darkwing is Gummi berry juice). Ducktales could have been the "Ironman" of the Disney afternoon extended universe...

tvstrip

Anyone else watching "Love Death and Robots"?

It's a series of 18 unconnected short stories. Some are "Real CG", some are "Cel animated CG", but they all involve robots/Ai and human interaction in some form. Pretty fun, and at around 10-15min per episode (there's no standard length) you can watch it on a coffee break.

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I'm hearing some big name actors in some of the stories.

Last edited:

darkwarrior3007

Picked up the Domestic Girlfriend Premium Box Set on Black Friday. Arrived last week, will probably be watching that on New Year's Day.

tvstrip

2nd Season of Transformers on Netflix: "Earthrise" is up. The short seasons really do keep you wanting more!

tvstrip

The new season of Disenchantment is up (depending on who you ask, it's Season 3 or Season 2 part 1)

It took a couple of eps in S1 to warm up, but since then, I've found it to be one of the most bingeable shows on netflix.

tvstrip

Girls und Panzer Das Finale Part 3 trailer is up!

Releasing on 3.26 ... in theaters? I guess they're either still going to the movies in Japan during COVID, or they're confident that it will be under control enough that it won't be an issue. Either way, it looks awesome and I can't wait for a home release!

tvstrip

A clip from this week's Yuru Camp episode exemplifying how her kawaii factor is off the charts.

tvstrip

For those watching, the Ducktales Reboot 3-ep Series Finale is tomorrow. Mad that they're cancelling it, but at least it appears to be a planned finale, so no unresolved cliffhangers, etc, and we should have a conclusive end to the show.