What's New Babes Board Galleries Free Videos Sex Cams myFreeOnes Reviews Various

Thread: The Outer Worlds

The Outer Worlds

Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, to be released in 2019. Looks pretty good, seeing elements of Fallout, Mass Effect and Borderlands. Will be interesting to see if they can recapture some of that New Vegas magic.

Banned

Re: The Outer Worlds

here's my money; take it.

2019 huh? I like how they announced this with the game being relatively close to being released. Lessens that wait time.

Bethesda did that with Fallout 4. Was revealed for the first time in late spring E3 and released just a few months later.

1,000 posts to go for my own user title! Rane1071's Avatar

19 Cents of Magical Cock FreeOnes_Adam's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks more than a little FallOut-y to me which has never been my jam. Is it the same publishers? I was interested when I saw the rings of the planet, then lost interest at that whole 50's FallOut look. But that's just me.
    "Honestly, I just want to do some bowling. Bowling for dicks!" -FreeOnes_Regina

If FreeOnes was a woman, I'd marry her! Torre82min's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bioshock + Borderlands + Fallout + No Man's Sky + the teams that actually made the classic games + catching all the cast-off fans that Bethesda doesnt care for =
    PROFIT.

Will be featured as the cover of this month's GameInformer.

https://www.gameinformer.com/cover-r...e-outer-worlds

If FreeOnes was a woman, I'd marry her! Torre82min's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Yak View Post
    Will be featured as the cover of this month's GameInformer.

https://www.gameinformer.com/cover-r...e-outer-worlds
    With Gamestop about to go out of business, where does that leave GS-published Game Informer?
    "It is always tempting to believe that we live in historic times. / Joe Rogan is the Walter Cronkite of our era."
    ~ Konstantin Kisin

19 Cents of Magical Cock FreeOnes_Adam's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Torre82min View Post
    With Gamestop about to go out of business, where does that leave GS-published Game Informer?
    Are they going out of business?
    "Honestly, I just want to do some bowling. Bowling for dicks!" -FreeOnes_Regina

Special Operations FOX-HOUND L3ggy's Avatar

The Outer Worlds will sadly be an Epic Store exclusive for 12 months.
    Courtesy of HeartBroker Productions, Inc.
    When Winter Comes With All It's Might Only The Wolves Shall Howl In The Night

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.

Quote Originally Posted by L3ggy View Post
    The Outer Worlds will sadly be an Epic Store exclusive for 12 months.
    I think the people that gave exclusive deals to the Epic Store badly underestimated how pissed off so many game buyers let alone their fans would be about this. What's even worse is that some of the companies doing it are from people I would at least less expect to do so. If some company like EA or Ubisoft pulled doucebagy stuff like this might be par for the course, but companies like Obsidian and the people making Phoenix Point should have been above stuff like this. It might even be their publishers and not them making the decision, but still it doens't make it any better. Steam might not be perfect, but they don't keep publishers from releasing their games on other platforms, and what they offer through their service is better than everybody else. I hope that Fortnight money epic games was giving people to go exclusive with them is worth the years of lost goodwill and sales that will be coming their way from pissing on the fans that have keep them going.

I know that no matter how good the games end up being I won't get anything from the Epic store. One, just from the principle of it as I don't want to reward anti-competitive behavior like that. Two, I don't trust Epic or Tencent and I would be afraid I would be spied on, have my info abused by them, or have some shady third party get their hands on my sensitive info through them. Three, their store just sucks as far as the features it offers compared to Steam and GoG.

If this was some company that wanted to be a competitor to Steam and just do bussiness better to get customers to come to them instead of pulling the bs I might be willing to deal with the hassle of having to go through more than one storefront to buy my games as much as it might irritate me. The way it is now, there is just no way I'm doing business with them. I might not even if they change and get better in the future just for pulling this stuff now.

1,000 posts to go for my own user title! darkwarrior3007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreeOnes_Adam View Post
    Are they going out of business?
    Not right now but they're headed that way. Unless they can succeed with turning their stores into a collectible store rather than just games. The Gamestop I go to have walls of POP figures, statues, lightsabers etc....

Quote Originally Posted by D-rock View Post
    I think the people that gave exclusive deals to the Epic Store badly underestimated how pissed off so many game buyers let alone their fans would be about this. What's even worse is that some of the companies doing it are from people I would at least less expect to do so. If some company like EA or Ubisoft pulled doucebagy stuff like this might be par for the course, but companies like Obsidian and the people making Phoenix Point should have been above stuff like this. It might even be their publishers and not them making the decision, but still it doens't make it any better. Steam might not be perfect, but they don't keep publishers from releasing their games on other platforms, and what they offer through their service is better than everybody else. I hope that Fortnight money epic games was giving people to go exclusive with them is worth the years of lost goodwill and sales that will be coming their way from pissing on the fans that have keep them going.

I know that no matter how good the games end up being I won't get anything from the Epic store. One, just from the principle of it as I don't want to reward anti-competitive behavior like that. Two, I don't trust Epic or Tencent and I would be afraid I would be spied on, have my info abused by them, or have some shady third party get their hands on my sensitive info through them. Three, their store just sucks as far as the features it offers compared to Steam and GoG.

If this was some company that wanted to be a competitor to Steam and just do bussiness better to get customers to come to them instead of pulling the bs I might be willing to deal with the hassle of having to go through more than one storefront to buy my games as much as it might irritate me. The way it is now, there is just no way I'm doing business with them. I might not even if they change and get better in the future just for pulling this stuff now.
    Well, at least one company has said hell no to being an Epic Store exclusive. CD Projekt Red was asked that about CyberPunk 2077.

Special Operations FOX-HOUND L3ggy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-rock View Post

Not to mention that Epic Games spy on their customers.