What's New Babes Board Galleries Free Videos Sex Cams myFreeOnes Reviews Various

Thread: Anyone use the Action Replay Powersaves for 3DS?

Anyone use the Action Replay Powersaves for 3DS?

I read up on it and ordered one since there seem to be some useful codes. I have a bunch of RPGs, as well as some I've been thinking of buying but haven't played because I don't think I'd have the time to grind. But with this baby it looks like I can just focus on the story.
    Also getting everything in games like Animal Crossing or cloning Pokemon is always a bonus.

Anyone use this before?

19 Cents of Magical Cock FreeOnes_Adam's Avatar

Re: Anyone use the Action Replay Powersaves for 3DS?

What is it? a Game Genie thing?

I would only use a Game Genie for funny effects. I think things like invisibility, unlimited lives, skipping levels, and all that sorta stuff robs one of the experience. But effects like Mario jumps like he's on the moon or all turtles are papatroops are fun to make things interesting with.

https://www.codejunkies.com/Products...EF001113V.aspx

Sort of. There used to be a action replay that could do all the things you mentioned, but then patching made it hard to keep up. So what this does is edits the save files only. You don't/can't use it while the game is playing, which is also good in that if you were online ninty could detect you were using it. Also, since you're editing the file on the cart and not the 3DS, it doesn't matter what OS version you have, it will always work.

So instead you plug in the cartridge into the unit, plug that into your computer and it lets you edit the savefile on the cart. From the games listed on the website, there seems to be a lot you can do with it. For me, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the grind on RPGs. It's not an invincibility code or anything, as you still have to plow through the game, and that lets you experience the story, gameplay, etc. I think there might be codes to max experience, but you can tailor it to suit how powerful you want to be, or not use it at all.

19 Cents of Magical Cock FreeOnes_Adam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvstrip View Post
    https://www.codejunkies.com/Products...EF001113V.aspx

Sort of. There used to be a action replay that could do all the things you mentioned, but then patching made it hard to keep up. So what this does is edits the save files only. You don't/can't use it while the game is playing, which is also good in that if you were online ninty could detect you were using it. Also, since you're editing the file on the cart and not the 3DS, it doesn't matter what OS version you have, it will always work.

So instead you plug in the cartridge into the unit, plug that into your computer and it lets you edit the savefile on the cart. From the games listed on the website, there seems to be a lot you can do with it. For me, I wouldn't mind getting rid of the grind on RPGs. It's not an invincibility code or anything, as you still have to plow through the game, and that lets you experience the story, gameplay, etc. I think there might be codes to max experience, but you can tailor it to suit how powerful you want to be, or not use it at all.
    You youngster gamers. I'm NES trained, I can grind for weeks, months! But hey, to each their own. I've played some real clunkers in my time, but I always find that pushing through it is rewarding for MY personality. But everyone is different for sure.

I had "NES patience" as a kid, since video games were far and few between being so hard to afford; I needed to make them last as long as possible. And time wasn't an issue since as a kid you tend to have lots of it.
    Now, as an adult time is more of a premium, and with cheaper games & the income to afford them I feel less patient to endure the grind and instead try to experience as many games as possible. Devices like this help with that.

Although there's also the fun factor of blowing through a game you've already legit cleared using a cheat code. I remember doing speedruns through A link to the past with a game genie.

Respect for those who still have the old-school NES patience though.