What's New Babes Board Galleries Free Videos Sex Cams myFreeOnes Reviews Various

Thread: Witcher Netflix TV show now

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle. ~~whimsy~~'s Avatar

Witcher Netflix TV show now

Netflix has signed a big name for its upcoming The Witcher series: Henry Cavill — coming off a scene-stealing performance in Mission: Impossible – Fallout — is taking on a lead role.

The Man of Steel actor will lead the cast of The Witcher playing the role of Geralt of Rivia. This will be Cavill’s first regular TV role since Showtime’s series The Tudors, which ended in 2010.

Based on the best-selling fantasy series, The Witcher is described as “an epic tale of fate and family. Geralt of Rivia, a solitary monster hunter, struggles to find his place in a world where people often prove more wicked than beasts. But when destiny hurtles him toward a powerful sorceress, and a young princess with a dangerous secret, the three must learn to navigate the increasingly volatile Continent together.”
    More...
    https://ew.com/tv/2018/09/04/henry-c...e-witcher/amp/

Ehhh... Maybe maybe not

He seems too stiff to play a relaxed fella like Geralt but who knows? Maybe he will impress with production value that of Netflix. Because I have so far not been disappointed with Netflix productions from what I have watched.
    I love you, ONO/ I need you, CHA CHA-- Stereo Total

19 Cents of Magical Cock FreeOnes_Adam's Avatar

Re: Witcher Netflix TV show now

Here's the deal. I'm not happy.

I'm currently level 32 in Witcher 3, I really fell hard for that game. I got so into it, I own a set of custom Gwent cards, the card game inside the game of The Witcher. I own the books, I'm wrist deep in those. One could say I'm a bit of a fan.

So here we go, its not secret the books must be doing something right. The game that I'm playing is an obvious success so sure, they can make a movie or TV series out of anything. I mean, how many Cars films are there?

But to open pandora's box... No. I really really don't want to see it shit on. Sure, there's a chance of it being decent enough to watch, but man.. don't piss on it, please. I don't know anything about actors and stuff, so no idea what this guy's about, but it would just make me really sad if it was garbage. It's a money grab, everything is, I get that, but this is my current baby! Don't throw it in the oven! (Witcher 3 fans will get the reference.)

FreeOnes Team Member
    Blog Entries

If they manage to create a show with the production value like Games of Thrones I would say Bring it On!
    TV shows these days are big business and some of them have huge budgets that could rival a regular movies except for a 2 hour show you get like 10 or more hours, what's not to like

Netflix had anime productions, tv shows and movies. The production value I do not question. It's the sticking close to the source without being a clone but original to provide fresh stories.

I'll definitely check it out when it comes out.

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle.

I'll be brutally honest. In the reverse of what is almost always the case I hope they adapt this more from the video games than the books. I find them better, (Admittedly I know less about the books) and at this point for better or worse the video games are the de facto definitive source material for most people that only know the setting from them.

1,000 posts to go for my own user title! darkwarrior3007's Avatar

I'm gonna have to watch this. I don't really watch Netflix, but I want to watch this. I do know that there was a show based on the books in Poland.

Edit: Ah, here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior3007 View Post
    I'm gonna have to watch this. I don't really watch Netflix, but I want to watch this. I do know that there was a show based on the books in Poland.

Edit: Ah, here it is.
    Is this the one that the author REALLY fucking hated?

If I remember right the author of the series when he sold the rights to be made into a video game chose a pay up front as opposed to the make profit or whatever from future games with the series. Because he honestly thought the series wouldn't make it past the first game so he took quick payout.

If that is what you're meaning Adam. If not here's some FYI for people that didn't know and can look it up for better information than I provided.

1,000 posts to go for my own user title! darkwarrior3007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreeOnes_Adam View Post
    Is this the one that the author REALLY fucking hated?
    Yeah this is the one.

Love comes and goes but FreeOnes is forever. Rane1071's Avatar

Hmm, not sure what to think about Henry Cavill playing Geralt, but maybe he can pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~whimsy~~ View Post
    If I remember right the author of the series when he sold the rights to be made into a video game chose a pay up front as opposed to the make profit or whatever from future games with the series. Because he honestly thought the series wouldn't make it past the first game so he took quick payout.

If that is what you're meaning Adam. If not here's some FYI for people that didn't know and can look it up for better information than I provided.
    From what I read online (which I never vow to be true), this is what I heard:

Sapkowski's opinion: "I can answer only with a single word, an obscene, albeit a short one. I am a Polish Catholic, it is Lent now; I cannot utter swear words."

But maybe this was the film Hexer, or maybe a show.. I don't recall which. Or if they're different Or whatever. But he hated something.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeOnes_Adam View Post
    From what I read online (which I never vow to be true), this is what I heard:

Sapkowski's opinion: "I can answer only with a single word, an obscene, albeit a short one. I am a Polish Catholic, it is Lent now; I cannot utter swear words."

But maybe this was the film Hexer, or maybe a show.. I don't recall which. Or if they're different Or whatever. But he hated something.
    Oh, found out, same thing. He hated it.