What's New Babes Board Galleries Free Videos Sex Cams myFreeOnes Reviews Various

Thread: Apple Canít Monitor Apps That Collect Data on Users

Apple Canít Monitor Apps That Collect Data on Users

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting. Rey C.'s Avatar

Re: Apple Canít Monitor Apps That Collect Data on Users

Good post, Georges. I think it's very important for even iOS users to realize that once an app has collected data, no company can monitor what's done with that data once it's in the developer's hands. I think that iOS does the best job of limiting third party apps' access to certain device functions, like the mic and camera, compared to Android and the dying/dead Windows Phone OS. But people who use (inherent) spyware apps, like Facebook, etc., have no idea where their data is going or how it's going to be used. The biggest laugh of the past week or so was the news that Facebook wants people to load their banking information into the platform... so that they can "enhance" mobile banking for their users. Anyone who would allow Suckaborg's Fakebook or Tweeter to have access to their financial information is simply too dumb to breathe on their own. Google wants access to healthcare information. Can you imagine who they'd be selling your medical information to (insurance companies) and how that would surely affect healthcare insurance rates in years to come???!!! Do HIPAA laws not apply to these mega data miners???

Social media platforms and search engine providers have grown WAY too big for their britches, IMO. But as long as they can pay big enough bribes (Oh, I'm sorry... I mean, make sizeable enough campaign contributions) to our Democrat and Republican critters in Congress, they have carte blanche to run roughshod over all of us... even those of us who don't use these platforms and have not agreed to any sort of user agreements.
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" -- John Locke

Re: Apple Canít Monitor Apps That Collect Data on Users

I am on android now before was on Windows 7 mobile. I use Bitdfender Mobile Internet Security alongwith a VPN to manage and control the accessibility of my apps on a mobile. No question of using facebook on a mobile device, same about posting on forums and even consulting bank accounts on a mobile. Also on my facebook, you will never find anything related to my family or even to my financial situation or even healthcare coordinates, never. People don't do deep search about the apps they install and don't configure them properly. I never had and never wanted Twitter nor even Instagram. I always control the information I give and to whom even I am triple careful about the apps on my mobile. My advice is stay off the grid.