What's New Babes Board Galleries Free Videos Sex Cams myFreeOnes Reviews Various

Thread: N2DS if you already have O3DSXL?

Nothing in life is free, except FreeOnes! tvstrip's Avatar

N2DS if you already have O3DSXL?

I have a couple 3DS XLs (not the N3DS XL). N3DSs are getting harder to find, but I found a good deal on some N2DSs. I'm hearing good things about them esp if you don't need the 3D.

I hear that because they have the same upgraded processor the N3DS has, it's worth it when playing graphically intensive games like Hyrule Warriors, if you want Amiibo compatibility, or need the second joystick.

Anyone get the N2DS as an upgrade from their 3DSXL? Was it worth it?

The Toad of Worth FreeOnes_Adam's Avatar

Re: N2DS if you already have O3DSXL?

3DS XL is plenty fine for me. One of my girlfriends has a New 3DS XL and hers is only slightly faster at startup. The best feature is the camera 3DS eye tracking on the New model, but I don't have any issues with the regular since I'm not swaying all over the place when I play.

If you got the cash, I mean, why not. I won't be upgrading myself, but whatever makes you happy, I say go for it.

I have a 2DS and it works fine, never had 3DS as I wasn't interested in the 3D, so I don't know how much difference there would be.
    ''Do or do not, There is no try''

I'm too lazy to set a usertitle. ~~whimsy~~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreeOnes_Adam View Post
    3DS XL is plenty fine for me. One of my girlfriends has a New 3DS XL and hers is only slightly faster at startup. The best feature is the camera 3DS eye tracking on the New model, but I don't have any issues with the regular since I'm not swaying all over the place when I play.

If you got the cash, I mean, why not. I won't be upgrading myself, but whatever makes you happy, I say go for it.

Which game is she in? Boom! Bwahahahahahahaha
    I love you, ONO/ I need you, CHA CHA-- Stereo Total

Quote Originally Posted by ~~whimsy~~ View Post

Which game is she in? Boom! Bwahahahahahahaha
    FF7 if I got to choose. I like flower girls.

But the real one likes to play Dr. Mario on my 3DS.

I have a New Nintendo 3DS XL. I like it because it plays all the Super Nintendo games bought from Virtual Console. It's nice being able to have all the Castlevania, Metroid, Zelda, Mario, and others all the way up to 16 bit.

I'm thinking about getting a flash cart for it that I can load DS and 3DS games on.

http://www.stargate-3ds.com/

Nothing in life is free, except FreeOnes! tvstrip's Avatar

Thanks for the feedback guys.
    The processor in the N2DS is supposedly a pretty noticeable upgrade, especially with newer games. Back when the Miiverse was a thing, it allowed N2DS players to post Smash Bros Screenshots, while O3DS users (like me) couldn't because the processor couldn't handle the game and the browser running at the same time.

I mean, you're going from:
    268 MHz dual-core --> 804 MHz quad-core processor
    128 MB FCRAM @ 3.2GB/s --> 256 MB FCRAM @ 6.4GB/s Graphics memory.

I don't know what that means for actual game performance, but at 2-4x the speed you'd imagine there has to be a noticeable difference. But that's why I was hoping someone who has both can comment on the difference.

@dino the SNES virtual console only being playable for the New 2/3DS is a sham for me. Flashcarts let you play any SNES game on the O3DS with no problem, so there's no reason why they can't play the Virtual console. Heck, Smash Bros has FZero literally playing in the background! It's a cash-grab by ninty in my books.

Quote Originally Posted by tvstrip View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys.
    The processor in the N2DS is supposedly a pretty noticeable upgrade, especially with newer games. Back when the Miiverse was a thing, it allowed N2DS players to post Smash Bros Screenshots, while O3DS users (like me) couldn't because the processor couldn't handle the game and the browser running at the same time.

I mean, you're going from:
    268 MHz dual-core --> 804 MHz quad-core processor
    128 MB FCRAM @ 3.2GB/s --> 256 MB FCRAM @ 6.4GB/s Graphics memory.
    Thats a pretty damn big difference. I never noticed any slowdown on regular 3DS and I play a little Smash on there. I don't see me upgrading personally, but hey, go for it and let us know if you do end up doing it.