What's New Babes Board Galleries Free Videos Sex Cams myFreeOnes Reviews Various

Thread: Will Traditional Colleges and Universities Become Obsolete?

If FreeOnes was a woman, I'd marry her! Luxman's Avatar

Will Traditional Colleges and Universities Become Obsolete?

With the internet more and more education and jobs will be done online.
    There are a lot of benefits, and from my pov few drawbacks.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/innov...ete-180967788/

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting. Rey C.'s Avatar

Re: Will Traditional Colleges and Universities Become Obsolete?

The (on campus) college experience has changed a GREAT deal since I was in school. I had the desire to go some place where there would be a free exchange of ideas, realizing that disagreements are simply a part of seeing all sides of an issue. I would converse with kids from around the world in study groups, we would drink Scotch and listen to Steely Dan, all while solving the world's problems. Yes, like most 18 year olds, I was naive as hell.

But now that most colleges basically forbid the free exchange of ideas (unless they fit within the bounds of political correctness), I'm not sure that much is gained from being on campus. If anything, at least with those who are not sheep, you're probably better off using online learning. Make no mistake about it, kids will NEED to have a degree or certificate in order to capture the higher paying jobs of the future. But I no longer feel that it'll be necessary to attend a traditional, four year, liberal arts university. These advancements open up the opportunity to get a good education to kids who could not otherwise afford it. So I think this is great news. Now it's up to the current generation of tender-foot youngsters to do what needs to be done. The road is open. Now walk!
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" -- John Locke

Dynamite with a laser beam Blue Countach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rey C. View Post
    The (on campus) college experience has changed a GREAT deal since I was in school. I had the desire to go some place where there would be a free exchange of ideas, realizing that disagreements are simply a part of seeing all sides of an issue. I would converse with kids from around the world in study groups, we would drink Scotch and listen to Steely Dan, all while solving the world's problems. Yes, like most 18 year olds, I was naive as hell.

But now that most colleges basically forbid the free exchange of ideas (unless they fit within the bounds of political correctness), I'm not sure that much is gained from being on campus. If anything, at least with those who are not sheep, you're probably better off using online learning. Make no mistake about it, kids will NEED to have a degree or certificate in order to capture the higher paying jobs of the future. But I no longer feel that it'll be necessary to attend a traditional, four year, liberal arts university. These advancements open up the opportunity to get a good education to kids who could not otherwise afford it. So I think this is great news. Now it's up to the current generation of tender-foot youngsters to do what needs to be done. The road is open. Now walk!
    Damn! You’re old.

Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rey C. View Post

I see an opportunity for FTV Rob.

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs. El Diablo Blanco's Avatar

Probably not. There's far to many rich folks, with spoiled little children, that just have to have an Ivy League experience.

Plus, it would be down right wrong to get ANY TYPE of medical degree without actually attending a university.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that, it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting. Rey C.'s Avatar

They call Alabama the Crimson Tide...
    Call me Wahoo Blue (and orange).

I'd probably be run out of there on a rail now though, for having politically incorrect views... for challenging the status quo... for not being a good sheep. And I'm very sad about that. IMO, Teresa A. Sullivan is the worst thing to happen to UVA since Jens Soring and Elizabeth Haysom put a blackmark on the university with their murderous rampage.

These days, if I was 18 again, I'd probably do two years in a good community college or technical school, go to work and then finish my undergrad degree online. With many employers picking up the tab to complete an undergrad, or even graduate degree, I'd save a bundle and be able to live as an adult... without being told by some self-important, ivory tower windbag how and what to think.
    "Don't tell me what I can't do!" -- John Locke

Blog Entries

College will be better when they remove the Communist professors and the SJWs like the one in this video.