Top
    What's New Babes Board Galleries Free Videos Sex Cams myFreeOnes Reviews Various

Sign up for FreeOnes to get rid of this ad today!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 76 to 98 of 98

Thread: 2017 Baseball.

  1. #76
    I'm too lazy to set a usertitle. John_8581's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,492
    Rep Power
    358947

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeblofowl_1969 View Post
    Think Yu cost himself a pretty penny.
    Dave Roberts overmanaging again by using SABR analytics along with his overuse of comparisons and matchups. I would have gone with Alex Wood as the starter for game seven. The Astros have seen Yu Darvish way too much. They play the Rangers at least eighteen to nineteen times a season. Also Yu Darvish is not the same pitcher since his Tommy John surgery in 2015.

  2. #77
    Myth: Women don't like porn or dirty sex
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    340

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    I still think that Jack Morris had the greatest performance from any athlete in a game 7.10 innings of shutout pitching.I still can't believe he never was voted into the hall of fame.He won a World Series with 3 different teams and won more games in the 80's than any other pitcher.
    I guess he never thought being a prick to reporters would come back to haunt him.

  3. #78
    I'm going to cum when I get my Freeones T-shirt! zeeblofowl_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,534
    Rep Power
    27443

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by John_8581 View Post
    Dave Roberts overmanaging again by using SABR analytics along with his overuse of comparisons and matchups. I would have gone with Alex Wood as the starter for game seven. The Astros have seen Yu Darvish way too much. They play the Rangers at least eighteen to nineteen times a season. Also Yu Darvish is not the same pitcher since his Tommy John surgery in 2015.
    Alex wood would have been my choice

  4. #79
    Pucker Up Butter Cup. BCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    10,646
    Blog Entries
    14
    Rep Power
    303928

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dino Velvet View Post
    Yesterday Game 7 of World Series = No Good. Me no likey.
    Terrible Game 7, it was over from the start.

    Roberts overuse of Morrow in that Series was downright criminal.

  5. #80
    Disciple of the Cult Mother barebeaverlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,497
    Rep Power
    8954

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Former Blue Jay & Phillies pitcher Roy Halladay killed today when the plane he was piloting went down in the Gulf Of Mexico

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb...d-plane-crash/

    Doc was one of the good ones. Great pitcher, better human. Absolutely idolized in Toronto. Now a days, starters throw 5 innings & think they've done a great job. Not Doc-he was a throw back. He went up against Buehrle once & the game was done in less than 2 hours.

    R.I.P. Doc-you'll be missed.

  6. #81
    I'd sell my soul for a Stanley Cup in St. Louis! Jagger69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas - The Execution State
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    248719

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    R.I.P. to Roy Halladay. Very sad news indeed....tragically taken from us way too young.


    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

  7. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,191
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    He was flying an Icon A5. I'm no pilot but I enjoy the Youtube vids of aircraft. I've seen a lot of Icon vids and this is supposed to be a great plane. But an article I read said he particularly enjoyed flying close to the water. There is some question about Halladay flying like that at his level of experience.


  8. #83
    I'd sell my soul for a Stanley Cup in St. Louis! Jagger69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas - The Execution State
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    248719

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    No disrespect at all meant to Halladay's family but he was an idiot to fly this (or any) plane in that manner. An inexperienced pilot doing dangerous maneuvers in an LSA that is being marketed as a "flying jet ski" is a very predictable recipe for disaster. The Icon is a very cool concept but their marketing is grossly misguided in my view. Flying isn't anything at all like riding a jet ski. Apparently Halladay isn't the first one to crash in this manner so perhaps the company will rethink its marketing approach. If not, perhaps the FAA will intercede.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-A5-crash.html


    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

  9. #84
    Myth: Women don't like porn or dirty sex
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    340

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    The plane that Halladay was flying looks like a go cart with wings.I would never get in one.It looks like a strong wind could blow that all over the place.

  10. #85
    I'd sell my soul for a Stanley Cup in St. Louis! Jagger69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas - The Execution State
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    248719

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    It's actually a really stout little aircraft....with the emphasis being on "little". Planes in the LSA class aren't meant for aerobatic maneuvers and don't carry the same FAA requirements for pilot certification so Halladay's inexperience in addition to the limitations of the aircraft (LSAs are notoriously and deliberately underpowered....they don't fly very fast) unfortunately ended in his death. The fact that the plane recovers quickly from a stall doesn't mean you can just skim just over the surface of the water with it and get away with flirting with stall speeds and angles of attack. Also, the AOA "meter" with which the plane is equipped is a cool idea....for a pilot who knows exactly what he is doing. It gives a false sense of security to a novice like Halladay was in my opinion. Anyway, a sad story but perhaps his death will prevent others from meeting a similar fate in this inappropriately-marketed and utilized aircraft.


    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

  11. #86
    I'd sell my soul for a Stanley Cup in St. Louis! Jagger69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas - The Execution State
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    248719

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    I guess the Stanton version of "The Decision" will be forthcoming shortly. I really hope the Cardinals don't end up with him. The price is too high and these deals almost invariably blow up in the buyer's face.


    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

  12. #87
    I'm going to cum when I get my Freeones T-shirt! zeeblofowl_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,534
    Rep Power
    27443

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger69 View Post
    I guess the Stanton version of "The Decision" will be forthcoming shortly. I really hope the Cardinals don't end up with him. The price is too high and these deals almost invariably blow up in the buyer's face.
    Shouldnít give them anything taking over that contract is already too much.

  13. #88
    Myth: Women don't like porn or dirty sex
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    340

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    The baseball winter meetings are this week.This is usually the week that big trades and free agent signings are made.It’s also the week that makes GMs look like geniuses or eventually gets them fired.
    I don’t know why any team would go after Giancarlo Stanton when next year you could potentially have a hall of famer in Mike Trout available in free agency.
    Think about this crazy fact.Mike Trout is only 8 months older than AL rookie of the year Aaron Judge.Look at what Trout has already accomplished.The only thing he really needs is a World Series.

  14. #89
    I'd sell my soul for a Stanley Cup in St. Louis! Jagger69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas - The Execution State
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    248719

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monder View Post
    The baseball winter meetings are this week.This is usually the week that big trades and free agent signings are made.Itís also the week that makes GMs look like geniuses or eventually gets them fired.
    I donít know why any team would go after Giancarlo Stanton when next year you could potentially have a hall of famer in Mike Trout available in free agency.
    Think about this crazy fact.Mike Trout is only 8 months older than AL rookie of the year Aaron Judge.Look at what Trout has already accomplished.The only thing he really needs is a World Series.
    I agree, Stanton is overpriced in the market. Honestly, I'd rather see my Redbirds take Yelich or Ozuna off the Marlins' hands if they want to have a fire sale. Both are outfielders who can hit with power (in Ozuna's case, a lot of power), drive in runs and either would come at a significant discount compared to what I am hearing about their current offer for Stanton. There are rumors that some combination of Randall Grichuk, Aledmys Diaz, Carson Kelly, Mags Sierra, Harrison Bader, Michael Wacha, Sandy Alcantara, Luke Weaver, Jack Flaherty & Alex Reyes have been discussed as part of a multi-player deal that would send Stanton to St. Louis. Rumors also have it that Stanton does not want to come to St. Louis and supposedly would veto a trade to any team other than the Dodgers, Cubs, Astros or Yankees. I say fuck him....let 'em have him. We'll have multiple options if he doesn't accept a trade to us.

    Also agree about Trout....he's a much better all-around player than Stanton is and is two years younger. Trout and Bryce Harper are the two players that stand head-and-shoulders over everyone else when it comes to overall talent right now in my opinion. Trout is tracking toward a serious hall-of-fame career and is probably the best all-purpose outfielder we've seen in the AL since Mickey Mantle. Stanton will likely continue to mash at star levels for a few more years but is another Albert Pujols in waiting as a long-term investment as far as I am concerned.


    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

  15. #90
    I'm too lazy to set a usertitle. John_8581's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,492
    Rep Power
    358947

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Giancarlo Stanton is getting Alex Rodriguez money [from Baseball-Reference.com]

    Stanton_salary.JPG

    - If the Dodgers want him? They'll just print more green. - My slight dig at Dodger fans. Ha-ha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger69 View Post
    I agree, Stanton is overpriced in the market. Honestly, I'd rather see my Redbirds take Yelich or Ozuna off the Marlins' hands if they want to have a fire sale. Both are outfielders who can hit with power (in Ozuna's case, a lot of power), drive in runs and either would come at a significant discount compared to what I am hearing about their current offer for Stanton. There are rumors that some combination of Randall Grichuk, Aledmys Diaz, Carson Kelly, Mags Sierra, Harrison Bader, Michael Wacha, Sandy Alcantara, Luke Weaver, Jack Flaherty & Alex Reyes have been discussed as part of a multi-player deal that would send Stanton to St. Louis. Rumors also have it that Stanton does not want to come to St. Louis and supposedly would veto a trade to any team other than the Dodgers, Cubs, Astros or Yankees. I say fuck him....let 'em have him. We'll have multiple options if he doesn't accept a trade to us.
    He said no to the Giants as well. Notice how he picks the two teams with the biggest pockets. And the two teams that won the last two World Series.

    Though, this decade, which two teams have been to the NLCS and World Series the most times? And won? The Giants and Cardinals!

    Fuck him too.

  16. #91
    I'd sell my soul for a Stanley Cup in St. Louis! Jagger69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas - The Execution State
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    248719

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    It's fine. He will flourish in the Bronx, hit a shitload of HRs, be on SportsCenter every 5 minutes and will make a ton of loot with endorsements in the Big Apple. He's in the AL so he's a non-factor when it comes to regular league play in the NL so it's a good thing actually. Yes....fuck him very much.

    Besides, I'm speculating that the Redbirds will go hard for Ozuna now. Also expect us to be in play for Colome', Longoria and Machado.


    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

  17. #92
    I'm too lazy to set a usertitle. John_8581's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,492
    Rep Power
    358947

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    The Yankees are seriously looking at Manny Machado in a trade. Machado becomes a free agent after the 2018 season. They traded Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in a salary dump. There was thought that they would then try to re-sign Todd Frazier but Manny Machado is much better than Todd Frazier. Hey Todd, your love affair with the New York Yankees is over. [He was a little leaguer in New Jersey and had pictures taken with Derek Jeter when he was 11.]

  18. #93
    I'd sell my soul for a Stanley Cup in St. Louis! Jagger69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas - The Execution State
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    248719

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Cute story about Frazier but Todd couldn't hold Machado's jock. Cardinals (or anyone) would be dumb to give up a lot for Machado in a trade and not have a contract extension be a part of the deal. I'm hoping 2 years in St. Louis will convince Ozuna to stay (they'll have to pony up but he'll have to perform as well) but Machado is a one-and-done rental and would be tougher to re-sign in my opinion. I am fine with the Colome', Archer & Longoria connection to solve a lot of our lingering problems with a left-side infielder, closer and starting rotation guy if Machado isn't part of the mix. Frankly, I don't see Machado coming to St. Louis unless it's on the cheap and that's not Peter Angelos' style so not optimistic. I don't think we are done by any stretch and the Tampa deal or maybe a Josh Donaldson pickup might be in the offing.


    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

  19. #94
    Disciple of the Cult Mother barebeaverlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,497
    Rep Power
    8954

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger69 View Post
    Cute story about Frazier but Todd couldn't hold Machado's jock. Cardinals (or anyone) would be dumb to give up a lot for Machado in a trade and not have a contract extension be a part of the deal. I'm hoping 2 years in St. Louis will convince Ozuna to stay (they'll have to pony up but he'll have to perform as well) but Machado is a one-and-done rental and would be tougher to re-sign in my opinion. I am fine with the Colome', Archer & Longoria connection to solve a lot of our lingering problems with a left-side infielder, closer and starting rotation guy if Machado isn't part of the mix. Frankly, I don't see Machado coming to St. Louis unless it's on the cheap and that's not Peter Angelos' style so not optimistic. I don't think we are done by any stretch and the Tampa deal or maybe a Josh Donaldson pickup might be in the offing.
    Up here, it's being reported that the Cards won't take no in regards to a Josh Donaldson trade. They're really pushing hard. Donaldson could be a 1 & done, this will be his 1 & only chance at free agency.

  20. #95
    I'd sell my soul for a Stanley Cup in St. Louis! Jagger69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas - The Execution State
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    248719

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    I'd be good with Donaldson as long as the price wasn't too high. Honestly, I prefer the possible deal with Tampa Bay if Mo can pull it off.


    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

  21. #96
    Disciple of the Cult Mother barebeaverlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,497
    Rep Power
    8954

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagger69 View Post
    I'd be good with Donaldson as long as the price wasn't too high. Honestly, I prefer the possible deal with Tampa Bay if Mo can pull it off.
    The price would be steep for JD-the Jays don't really want to part with him-at this point. If they're out of it at the deadline, then they'll deal him. I think the Rays would trade Longoria if the price is right.

  22. #97
    I'm going to cum when I get my Freeones T-shirt! zeeblofowl_1969's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,534
    Rep Power
    27443

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by barebeaverlover View Post
    The price would be steep for JD-the Jays don't really want to part with him-at this point. If they're out of it at the deadline, then they'll deal him. I think the Rays would trade Longoria if the price is right.
    Wouldnít give up nothing for Longoria at this point. He canít seem to stay healthy.

  23. #98
    I'd sell my soul for a Stanley Cup in St. Louis! Jagger69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas - The Execution State
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    248719

    Re: 2017 Baseball.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeeblofowl_1969 View Post
    Wouldn’t give up nothing for Longoria at this point. He can’t seem to stay healthy.
    I don't think we'd have to give up anything extra for Longoria. I think he would be a salary-dump addition to a package to obtain either Colome' or Archer (or both). We'd never make a deal just to get Longoria in my opinion.


    "Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."
    - Tyler Durden, Fight Club

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •