PDA

View Full Version : Cop Shoots, Kills Unarmed Woman

Will E Worm
2012-06-15, 15:51
Cop Shoots, Kills Unarmed Woman

A police detective shot and killed an unarmed woman in the streets of Brooklyn yesterday, after she crashed a stolen car and tried to flee the scene. The trouble started when two plainclothes narcotics officers spotted a gray Camry making a "wild" U-turn, running several lights, and then smashing head-on into a minivan. Police approached, and the driver hit one of them with the passenger door in an attempt to escape. When that failed, she slammed the car in reverse, the New York Times reports.

A police officer leaned in the driver's side window with a gun in one hand, trying to shift the car into park. The gun went off once, hitting the woman in the chest; she staggered out of the car. "She hollered, 'Call the ambulance! Please don't let me die,'" before collapsing, one witness tells the New York Post. Someone from the crowd rushed to cradle her, while others shouted, "Murderers!" at police. According to the Post the woman was 23-year-old Shantel Davis, who had eight prior arrests and was out on bail for attempted murder and other charges. The car was stolen June 5 in a carjacking. Police are investigating the shooting; sources say Davis may have grabbed for the gun before it went off. One state assemblyman called the incident questionable, saying officers "may have not acted with good judgment."

Article (http://www.newser.com/story/148201/cop-shoots-kills-unarmed-woman-after-car-fight.html)

Police state. :facepalm:

PlumpRump
2012-06-15, 16:55
...she crashed a stolen car and tried to flee the scene...making a "wild" U-turn, running several lights, and then smashing head-on into a minivan...he driver hit one of them with the passenger door in an attempt to escape...eight prior arrests and was out on bail for attempted murder and other charges... The car was stolen June 5 in a carjacking... Davis may have grabbed for the gun before it went off...

Whatever. Seems like this was a long time coming. Good riddance.

Mayhem
2012-06-15, 17:00
A vehicle classifies as a deadly weapon if it is used as such. Therefore, deadly force as a response is within the purview of the officers.

According to the Post the woman was 23-year-old Shantel Davis, who had eight prior arrests and was out on bail for attempted murder and other charges. The car was stolen June 5 in a carjacking.

Are you comfortable defending this POS? Man or woman, when you're asking for it, you're asking for it.

Pick your stories better, Will. :nono:

Will E Worm
2012-06-15, 17:30
Are you comfortable defending this POS? Man or woman, when you're asking for it, you're asking for it.

I did pick a great story and I will defend an unarmed person from jackbooted thugs who only want to kill. :hatsoff:

assari
2012-06-15, 17:31
A very sad story.

Often police officers and other administrators want to show that they have the power.

But fortunately most of the cops are not like that.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/Chief_Wiggum.png/245px-Chief_Wiggum.png

Mayhem
2012-06-15, 18:01
I did pick a great story and I will defend an unarmed person from jackbooted thugs who only want to kill. :hatsoff:

She wasn't unarmed. She was armed with a weapon more powerful than any handgun.

StanScratch
2012-06-15, 19:08
Ever been hit by a car, Will? It does not feel good.
She was going after the officers in her car with an intent to kill them. "Unarmed" is a word used quite ignorantly in this case.

Ace Boobtoucher
2012-06-15, 22:46
A vehicle classifies as a deadly weapon if it is used as such. Therefore, deadly force as a response is within the purview of the officers.

Ever been hit by a car, Will? It does not feel good.
She was going after the officers in her car with an intent to kill them. "Unarmed" is a word used quite ignorantly in this case.

Whatever. Seems like this was a long time coming. Good riddance.

Yup. You try running down a copper and you're going to get popped. They did the Lord's work that day.

Thunder Bird
2012-06-16, 08:09
I see Will Worm is in full-retard Asshat reelection mode.

mikexmoran
2012-06-16, 08:12
Sad

Will E Worm
2012-06-16, 16:03
A very sad story.

Often police officers and other administrators want to show that they have the power.

But fortunately most of the cops are not like that.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/Chief_Wiggum.png/245px-Chief_Wiggum.png

Sad

These two are the only ones who see the story for what it is.

Trying to justify jackbooted thugs is wrong. :nono:

Also, she is black. So, racists! :tongue:

DJCowboy
2012-06-16, 16:06

The guy in Miami who was eating another man's face was unarmed (and unclothed) I guess he shouldn't have been shot...

Mayhem
2012-06-17, 00:08
These two are the only ones who see the story for what it is.

Trying to justify jackbooted thugs is wrong. :nono:

Also, she is black. So, racists! :tongue:

Trying to justify a crackhead trying to use a stolen vehicle as a weapon is absurd.

Labelling dedicated law enforcement officers as thug is defamation.

But the good news is, I'm sure that you were just as strident in your defense of Rodney King. That's very liberal of you. Good job Will. :thumbsup:

Ace Boobtoucher
2012-06-17, 00:25
Wow. The comments at the bottom of the original story are hilariously racist.

pete rose
2012-06-17, 02:56
the pen?

ThatRedWing
2012-06-17, 03:55
Anytime that an officers sidearm is fired (outside of the firing range) there is a full investigation. Judging from the "facts" of this article, it looks like an accidental shooting. This officer could end up in some serious hot water even if it is deemed accidental. As far as the crackhead goes, good fucking riddance.

Will E Worm
2012-06-17, 15:58
The guy in Miami who was eating another man's face was unarmed (and unclothed) I guess he shouldn't have been shot...

I believe he was crazy and might have lunged at the officer.

Trying to justify a crackhead trying to use a stolen vehicle as a weapon is absurd.

Labelling dedicated law enforcement officers as thug is defamation.

She was driving the car he came alone the side of the car. "Defemation" Nah. :tongue:

But the good news is, I'm sure that you were just as strident in your defense of Rodney King. That's very liberal of you. Good job Will. :thumbsup:

I am for human rights. It does not take that many officers to subdue someone. Liberal?

This is common sense. Police recruits need to have a decent IQ and they should be physically fit.

Wow. The comments at the bottom of the original story are hilariously racist.

Really?

the pen?

Pens can be deadly weapons. Just ask Joe Pesci.

Sam Fisher
2012-06-17, 17:23
Where's the cries for the BAN ON CARS when we need it? Or, a seven day "cooling off" period before you can purchase a car? :stir:

Will E Worm
2012-06-17, 18:02
Where's the cries for the BAN ON CARS when we need it? Or, a seven day "cooling off" period before you can purchase a car? :stir:

Liberals are inconsistent. ;)

Mayhem
2012-06-17, 22:20
Conservatives are very consistent. Consistently full of shit.

Will E Worm
2012-06-17, 22:51
Conservatives are very consistent. Consistently full of shit.

Good thing I am not one. :tongue:

StanScratch
2012-06-19, 17:05
Good thing I am not one. :tongue:

You are, and you are.

Mayhem
2012-06-19, 17:14
I'm done with this thread except to say....I knew this would happen. This is not a political topic. I don't know what it is exactly, but it isn't political. Separating into subsections was a bad idea.

And with that, I'm outta here.

Justaman
2012-06-19, 17:48
Unfortunate that the woman was killed but this wasn't exactly an execution. The woman was a clear and imminent threat to the safety of the officers. Anyone who attempts to elude police using such methods should realize the inherent danger and act accordingly or be willing to face the consequences. It's her own fault she was killed.

Will E Worm
2012-06-19, 18:40
You are, and you are.

Not at all.

TheDiamondStudd
2012-06-19, 23:35
Too bad I say. The cops in the USA will shoot, no PC bullshit or anything.

Will E Worm
2012-06-20, 01:04
Too bad I say. The cops in the USA will shoot, no PC bullshit or anything.

:facepalm: You mean police state tactics. :nono:

TheDiamondStudd
2012-06-20, 21:39
:facepalm: You mean police state tactics. :nono:

If there is an imminent danger to an officer's life they usually use deadly force if neccessary. I wouldn't call it "police state tactics". I call it "law".

pete rose
2012-06-22, 02:25
Police don't have any respect for the law themselves.

grower_boy
2012-06-22, 02:48
Police don't have any respect for the law themselves.

I think that's way too general of a statement. While there is certainly an abundance of ignorant, mean-spirited and downright stupid cops in this country, there are plenty of cops that respect the law and are damn good at what they do.

Will E Worm
2012-06-22, 16:25
If there is an imminent danger to an officer's life they usually use deadly force if neccessary. I wouldn't call it "police state tactics". I call it "law".

No. :tongue:

pete rose
2012-06-29, 02:40
No. :tongue:
Classic Will E Worm

STDiva
2012-06-29, 03:48
We should just get rid of police

lurkingdirk
2012-06-29, 09:21

Fire them, kill them, or deport them?

BlueBalls
2012-06-29, 09:32
Fire them, kill them, or deport them?
All three. In that order.

Will E Worm
2012-06-29, 15:05
Classic Will E Worm

The classics are the best. ;)

The low IQ and out of shape police yes.

StanScratch
2012-06-29, 15:21
The classics are the best. ;)

The low IQ and out of shape police yes.

If we got rid of those with low IQs and who were out of shape, you would be long gone.

Will E Worm
2012-06-29, 16:35
If we got rid of those with low IQs and who were out of shape, you would be long gone.

I am not a police officer. :facepalm: I would be better than you. :tongue:

Ace Boobtoucher
2012-09-17, 13:55
I have found the root cause of Will's excessive fear of the police. Just lay back, relax and enjoy the ride, brah. You take this shit too seriously.

http://ist1-2.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/1/_/_/_/1/1/a/d/e/1aded/tumblr_m6k9p4CymS1qazx4ao3_500.gif (http://pimpandhost.com/image/17210469-original.html)