PDA

View Full Version : Unfairly Banned

Digital1
2005-04-02, 15:42
I have sent a nice letter to freeones explaining unpopular moderator thfcmads unjust decision to ban me for a week.He accused me of flaming when in fact it was me who was being flamed and of spamming which also is not true.I have had loads of support from respected members of this board and through private messaging aswell.I am also friendly with some of the popular moderators aswell.Zoechs created the thread of which i too part in.So it was up to Zoechs if he wanted to close the thread.So as you can see i have been unfairly treated and trust freeones will take appropiate action.

Sincerely

Digital.

Dinalt
2005-04-02, 16:00
I have sent a nice letter to freeones explaining unpopular moderator thfcmads unjust decision to ban me for a week.He accused me of flaming when in fact it was me who was being flamed and of spamming which also is not true.I have had loads of support from respected members of this board and through private messaging aswell.I am also friendly with some of the popular moderators aswell.Zoechs created the thread of which i too part in.So it was up to Zoechs if he wanted to close the thread.So as you can see i have been unfairly treated and trust freeones will take appropiate action.

Sincerely

Digital.

:glugglug: Think the ban's a bit harsh as well, and unjustified in this case. If you're being banned, then there's a few others that should also be imho ;)

There were 'others' involved, and you more or less kept your cool throughout. Certainly, 'others' started a thread in games, more or less designed to piss you off.
I posted in there that it was wrong, and they seemed to grow up after that.

Can't see how anyone can be banned for posting in the Games section, and following the rules of that thread. Especially as the thread was started by a Mod.

I've started a thread asking for 'spamming' to be clarified, so hopefully stuff like this won't happen again.

Hope your ban's lifted, but if not I'll see you back in a weeks time. :wave2:

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:20
Thanks Dinalt.

Yeah thats right i kept my cool throughout because thats the kind of person i am so to be banned for flaming is unjustified.I have never spammed in my life so again being banned for that is also unjustified.I have contributed a lot this great place -ID'ing countless babes for people,welcoming people,playing games with people and providing good links and up pops thfcmad from absolutely nowhere and unfairly bans me.What more do i need to say.Maybe thfcmad is not up to standard for a good moderator? I get along with other moderators and Zoechs created that thread not me.

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:26
Though now I have had time to calm down, I do realise what a prick I have been. I was totally spamming I admit, but who cares? If no one else was using that thread, what did it matter? Of fuck it this place is shit anyway.

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:29
i did not post the above as you can see it is someone causing trouble maybe the person who should of been banned in the first place.

superfly2
2005-04-02, 16:37
All that was needed was for the thread to be closed. End of story. No bans were necessary. Nonetheless Digital, if you want to get back in then don't post too much during your ban period. Do you remember John11375? He got a 1-week ban just like you. However, he continued to argue and ended up getting a permanent ban. Just take it easy. :thumbsup:

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:40
I hear what you're saying Superfly but what about thfcmad is he going to be allowed to get off scott free.

Reptile
2005-04-02, 16:40
This is the guy that started the whole board mess. He fully deserves a weeks ban for flaming and being a non contributing member recently, and for starting everything off today. The fact he can still post while banned is truly beyond comprehension. Take your week off like a man, if you can manage that.

Reptile

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:42
This is the guy that started the whole board mess. He fully deserves a weeks ban for flaming and being a non contributing member recently, and for starting everything off today. The fact he can still post while banned is truly beyond comprehension. Take your week off like a man, if you can manage that.

Reptile
People you you are pure evil.is that how you really see things? I'd put more trust in michael jackson than i would with you.

Reptile
2005-04-02, 16:44
Did you not just get banned for flaming; now you are flaming during your ban? Your powers of understanding what is happening are usually reserved for vegetables.

Reptile

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:45
I havent flamed anyone are you fucking retarded? You should be banned not me I Id so many women!

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:46
Who keeps posting as me fuck off! I bet it is that idiot moderator who banned me!

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:49
no i wasn't banned for flaming.i was banned unjustly.this is turning out to be lika a film.the good guy gets in a mess and the bad guy really turns the screw in but we all know what happens in the end.Justice.i cannot just comprehend the way you see this situation.are you on some form of substance?

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:51
as you can see someone else is posting as Digital1 aswell to make me look worse.bear with me everyone and this situation will be resolved.

Dinalt
2005-04-02, 16:52

Reptile

My last thoughts on the subject, 'cos this could get ugly really quickly if we're not careful. :eek:

There's 2 sides to every story, and in this case I think Digital was unjustly banned for several reasons:

1) He didn't start any kind of mess - he responded to a post calling him a 'spammer',

2) There were others involved, who were definitely flaming (imho). I'll let others make their own minds up on that one, but Digital kept his cool even when they were.

3) He hasn't broken any board rules - if posting in the Games section is spamming, then plenty of us are guilty.

4) Even if the ban was justified, there are a few others who should also have been banned. (If we're applying the same rules to everyone).

5) We've already have someone posting here, pretending to be Digital. Maybe the Mod's can trace the IP address, id the child and ban them.
If someone's really that much of an idiot, they should have a permanent ban.

He's within his rights to post his thoughts here. If he feels (and I agree), that his ban isn't justified.

Anyway, my :2 cents: on the matter, and that's where I'll leave it.

Digital1
2005-04-02, 16:54
Thanks Dinalt that's an excellent summary.

Reptile
2005-04-02, 16:55
He may have been goaded, but I certainly had no part in this. I am sick of this crap being everywhere. He has been given a weeks ban by a moderator. Accept it, and stop making the board worse Digital.

Reptile

thfcmad
OK digital, dont worry about the above posts, mods can see IP addresses so i can see which of the above were made by you. Firstly i'd just like to point out its not overly smart to come on here and publicly critiscise me, however having re-read the thread i can see that i have indeed made a mistake and unjustly banned you. However the spamming was way over the top and does need to stop. I apologise for my error and i would also suggest in future you get to know me a little better before making any comments on here at all. If i am wrong i will always admit it and if someone is not happy with a decision i will always review it. Harsh but fair best describes me.

Digital1
i know there are other good moderators on here who will quickly resolve this.

member2686
2005-04-02, 17:01
Gentlemen, STOP it, please. Let the mods/admin take care of this.

Digital, I'd PM zoechs, thfcmad, Marie, or FOs himself with your appeal and not continue it here in public. It's like when people complain about getting negative rep -- they only get MORE by whining about it it seems.

Tempers went afoul and words which should not have been posted were said, and thfcmad made his decision. The ban might be lifted, or it might not. In either case, it's only a week and I would let tempers cool a bit anyway. Just my advice.

thfcmad is an excellent moderator and a friend of mine - he has a bit of a short fuse in some people's opinion, but he only issues bans when shit needs to cool down or stop. He's been here a long time and has a lot of mod experience, and deference should be given to him. I don't necessarily agree with the ban you received, since you were only defending your enjoyment of the games forum, but his decision is his decision.

Anyway... Cheers. :hatsoff:

SELF EDIT: thfcmad just posted about this. Lord, I really need to start writing either more quickly or get off of dialup! LMAO

Nice post, thfcmad. Get those IP addresses and let the REAL bans be dished out! LOL! :ban:

Digital1
2005-04-02, 17:03
OK digital, dont worry about the above posts, mods can see IP addresses so i can see which of the above were made by you. Firstly i'd just like to point out its not overly smart to come on here and publicly critiscise me, however having re-read the thread i can see that i have indeed made a mistake and unjustly banned you. However the spamming was way over the top and does need to stop. I apologise for my error and i would also suggest in future you get to know me a little better before making any comments on here at all. If i am wrong i will always admit it and if someone is not happy with a decision i will always review it. Harsh but fair best describes me.
I really applaud that thfcmad that is really man of you to say that.I apologise myself if i have offended you in anyway whatsoever.I'm sorry.its nice to know there are still some good people about.

Digital1
2005-04-02, 17:06
Gentlemen, STOP it, please. Let the mods/admin take care of this.

Digital, I'd PM zoechs, thfcmad, Marie, or FOs himself with your appeal and not continue it here in public. It's like when people complain about getting negative rep -- they only get MORE by whining about it it seems.

Tempers went afoul and words which should not have been posted were said, and thfcmad made his decision. The ban might be lifted, or it might not. In either case, it's only a week and I would let tempers cool a bit anyway. Just my advice.

thfcmad is an excellent moderator and a friend of mine - he has a bit of a short fuse in some people's opinion, but he only issues bans when shit needs to cool down or stop. He's been here a long time and has a lot of mod experience, and deference should be given to him. I don't necessarily agree with the ban you received, since you were only defending your enjoyment of the games forum, but his decision is his decision.

Anyway... Cheers. :hatsoff:

SELF EDIT: thfcmad just posted about this. Lord, I really need to start writing either more quickly or get off of dialup! LMAO

Nice post, thfcmad. Get those IP addresses and let the REAL bans be dished out! LOL! :ban:

Thanks for that Nightfly.I didn't know anything about thfcmad before but now i know some more about himi can see he is a good person and moderator.again thanks for that.

thfcmad
2005-04-02, 17:07
No probs, i cant unlift the ban myself but i will request it gets lifted ASAP. Im gonna close this shortly unless anyone has something to add.

Dinalt
2005-04-02, 17:09
I really applaud that thfcmad that is really man of you to say that.I apologise myself if i have offended you in anyway whatsoever.I'm sorry.its nice to know there are still some good people about.

:glugglug: A happy ending for all concerned, glad to see it.

:bowdown: Excellent post, and great reply. Hopefully you can id the person pretending to be Digital as well.

Nice post, thfcmad. Get those IP addresses and let the REAL bans be dished out! LOL!

:glugglug: Agree totally - this member (or members) need sorting out.

Digital1
2005-04-02, 17:10
Nothing more except to say thanks again to you thfcmad and everyone elses support when i was on the canvas.its very much appreciated indeed.

Digital1
2005-04-02, 17:14
Nothing more except to say thanks again to you thfcmad and everyone elses support when i was on the canvas.its very much appreciated indeed.

wow thanks again Dinalt you are a good friend.i will be there in your corner if ever you need me.

Digital1
2005-04-02, 17:15
whoops i quoted the wrong post above it was meant to be Dinalts lol.

superfly2
2005-04-02, 17:17
It makes me happy to see it end this way. Real honest of you thfcmad :thumbsup:
I'm tempted to know who the fake Digital is though...

Dinalt
2005-04-02, 17:29
wow thanks again Dinalt you are a good friend.i will be there in your corner if ever you need me.

:glugglug: No worries Digital. I'll stand anyone's corner if I think they've got a raw deal.
Just glad this had a happy ending, and got sorted quickly.

Look forward to seeing you posting again soon, and hopefully the fake digitals will be id'd and banned. Think we all suspect who they are anyway, but be nice if they can be traced by their ip's.

:wave2: :thumbsup:

thfcmad
2005-04-02, 18:00
Fake digitals have been dealt with. Cheers