What's New Babes Board Galleries Free Videos Sex Cams myFreeOnes Reviews Various

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Board timing issues?

Your Ken can kiss my Barbie DrakeM's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Board timing issues?

The only other hint I can give you is that it seems like there are multiple servers or ports or something each with a different time difference. For example, just now I tried to post something and got "wait 128 seconds". The next attempt said "wait 15 seconds" then "wait 85 seconds" then "wait 11 seconds". To me, it looks like there are three ways into the posting system, one in sync with me and two others out of sync, but I'm guessing. Multiple attempts do seem to have them count down as you would expect but from different starting points until I get lucky and hit the one in sync with me. All this is guesswork though and it happens randomly. Often I've got no problem at all for several minutes.

FreeOnes Team Member
    Blog Entries

I will report your findings to the tech guy again, but I can't promise he will have a look any time soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freeones_regina View Post
    I will report your findings to the tech guy again, but I can't promise he will have a look any time soon.
    Okay, but it is still happening today. First two posts were fine then the third got the problem. Using Firefox if that helps.

Blog Entries

Still happening today, was fine for 30 minutes now it is starting up again.

...and this post took 9 attempts to get through.

Blog Entries

Just checking in. The bug happens every day, just not very often. Seems very random. Today is worse than other days though.

Blog Entries

Fuck it is bad today. Two posts out of three I have to try multiple times to get through (including this one). Please do something about this.

FreeOnes Team Member
    Blog Entries

I am sorry you are having problems with posting but as I said before, this has been reported.
    However there's only 1 tech guy, his list of things to do is huge and board problems are unfortunately not high on his priority list.

Blog Entries

Still happening every day, very frustrating at times. If I was running the board I'd insert some code that says "If I'm about to print a message saying you have to wait more than 10 seconds, the board is screwed up and just let the post go through and maybe log the conditions"

Blog Entries

Still happening randomly every day. Major pain in the ass at times. This post took 13 attempts before it got through.

FreeOnes Team Member
    Blog Entries

I understand this is frustrating but all we can do is wait until the tech guy has time to pick up this issue.

Blog Entries

Still happening every day, still frustrating. Just letting you know it is still a problem.

Blog Entries

One other clue to this is that I've noticed that when I log out and come back the next day, the last few things I've posted show up as unread as if I was logged in for a few minutes longer than I actually was.

Blog Entries

This is still happening every day but it is tolerable in that only every 5-10 posts will show the problem and then you can usually get the post through on the 2nd or 3rd attempt. The time difference though is fairly consistent on each occurrence, usually between 180 and 220 seconds printed that I have to "wait between posts".

FreeOnes Team Member
    Blog Entries

I really think this is a problem on your end because if this was wide spread we would receive many complaints about this every day and we haven't.

Blog Entries

I really think this is a problem on your end because if this was wide spread we would receive many complaints about this every day and we haven't.
    In all due respect, you might be right but that would imply that somehow the board is using timestamps from my computer or allowing my computer to manipulate them. Either way, that's a terrible design. I find it more likely that something is corrupting timestamps within the board itself and it is an intermittent problem that my particular account is more prone to trigger. If you've ever written any decent amount of code, you've seen this kind of problem dozens of times with a bad or stale pointer using memory it shouldn't that may or may not cause bad effects. To me, this is a classic case of that. I wait to be proven wrong.

I'll give you a real life example I was involved with. Customer complained our code failed on his system. We couldn't reproduce the problem so got access to that particular system and started to diagnose it. Turns out that only on that system for whatever reason, a particular memory location would sometimes contain the number 16 instead of 0. We had a wild pointer that used that value (although it shouldn't) and 0 was fine but 16 was bad. We fixed the pointer issue to point to the right place and the bug was solved. I've also had to diagnose issues where code would fail if the command line parameter size went past a certain size. It made no difference whatsoever what the parameters were, just that they went past a certain size thus shifting memory slightly and a wild pointed again picked up a bad value. Maybe "DrakeM" is too short as most other IDs are longer. End of programming lesson.

Blog Entries

Over the weekend I completely wiped my computer and reinstalled everything from zero. I also "upgraded" from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Guess what, still the same issue with about the same frequency. I can live with it at this frequency but please stop trying to pin it on my system.

Blog Entries

Today it is absolutely miserable. I just took 21 attempts to get a post through and am averaging 5 - 10 attempts each time. Nothing is going through the first attempt, please look into this, your servers are not in sync re. time of day and have not been for months.

Blog Entries

Same problem today. Every post today (except the first one) took multiple attempts to get through, some over a dozen times. Just sync the clocks on your servers please and see if that helps. It appears as though some are a couple of minutes or more apart.

Blog Entries

Other people complaining about the same problem here: http://board.freeones.com/showthread...ith-that-board

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeM View Post
    Same problem today. Every post today (except the first one) took multiple attempts to get through, some over a dozen times. Just sync the clocks on your servers please and see if that helps. It appears as though some are a couple of minutes or more apart.
    Same here.

Blog Entries

Board is still miserable again today, nothing goes through in one attempt. It occurred to me just now that the problem may have multiple layers. Yes it seems like the board servers' clocks are out of sync, but I ask why for each new post attempt do they appear to be out of sync by different amounts? For example, for one set of post attempts, the number of seconds to wait varies between 300 seconds and 100 seconds and counts down from there. Why then should the next set of post attempts start at 100 seconds to 25 seconds and count down from there? If this is just a server clock issue, why the wide variation? I'm guessing there is an additional problem with whatever the board uses to track when your last post happened (cookie, internal data variable, etc.). If that data item is miscalculated, perhaps because the server clocks are misaligned, that could account for the variations. This is very frustrating to try to debug with minimal data but hopefully this helps whoever has to really debug the problem.

FreeOnes Team Member
    Blog Entries

I will add your findings to the bug ticket, thank you.

Blog Entries

For what it is worth, it also affects the 10 minute window on when you can edit a post. Just now I tied to edit something I posted 7 minutes ago and was rejected. I reloaded the page and tried again and the edit went through.

Blog Entries

Board is still messed up today. I tried logging out, clearing cache, cookies, etc. and then logging back in. After the first post, things got even worse than before. I'm guessing that first post that goes through after you log in sets your account in sync with whatever board server accepts the post. If it is out of sync with the other board servers then any attempt to post that goes to them will result in a failed post. If you try long enough, you'll either hit the server that your are in sync with or finally pass the timeout window on another server and your post goes through. Either way your account is now set in sync with the server that accepted the post. I'm guessing that if you wait about 15 minutes between each post, they will always go through first time. I don't have the patience to try this theory.

Please Jerk Responsibly mentator75's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeM View Post
    I'm guessing that if you wait about 15 minutes between each post, they will always go through first time.
    I wait 4-5 minutes now between posts, though the registered time does not always reflect this

+ Reply to Thread